Inspired by Derek Sivers
I am currently working on eight projects this year:
- I am reading the 99 books from Josh Kaufman's Personal MBA. I am sharing what I learn on my blog.
- I am also devloping my mental models, expanding what Charlie Munger (vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway) calls a lattice of mental models. I am sharing what I learn on my blog.
- Rolling out a multi-year ServiceNow implementation, the end state of this project will be to support the ITSM operations of NYC’s Department of Social Services.
- Using Code Academy to teach myself how to code for a few personal projects.
- Obtain native fluency in Spanish.
- Contribute to Entrepreneur.com, HBR.org, and FastCompany.com.
- Participate in a NYC Spartan Race.
- Write a manifesto and give it away for free.
As a result, my capacity for outside projects is extremely limited, so I’m forcing myself to focus, even when it’s difficult or involves passing on cool opportunities.