For 2019 I am looking at five writing projects:
- How will India use artificial intelligence to improve its society?
- How will China use artificial intelligence to redefine its economy?
- How will the US use artificial intelligence redefine its' sole as a Superpower?
- How artificial intelligence will make Universal Basic Income Necessary?
- What will be the "future of work" in the face of the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
I am taking writing classes on Udemy:
- Writing With Flair: How To Become An Exceptional Writer
- Punctuation Mastery -- done
- Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
- Secret Sauce of Great Writing
- Editing Mastery: How To Edit Writing To Perfection
Currently contributing to:
Will work on contributing to:
- Fast Company
I am reading Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou. Here is my current reading list for January:
- The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future by Ryder Carroll
- The Second Machine Age - Work, Progress, and Prosperity in a Time of Brilliant Technologies by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew Mcafee
- Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom
- The Better Angels of Our Nature by Steven Pinker
Someone told me that anyone could draw. I called bullshit but I was shocked when after a few weeks I was sketching. I am graduating the POC into a project for 2019.
Emotional and Physical Health
I had a health scare in 2018. It made me understand two things: 1. tomorrow is not guaranteed and 2. when I die I want to die with no regrets. So I am planning an emotional and physical health project:
- HIIT Training -- short intervals of extremely high-intensity exercise
- Plant food based diet
Saying "No" to everything else
Founder of CDBaby, Derek Sivers pens, "I am ambitiously focused on creating." Author Ryan Holiday agrees. "Your work is the only thing that matters."
I have been saying "Yes." to anything that crosses my inbox. Regrettably, my work has suffered because of my decisions. Now I deliberately say "No." to everything else that does not inspire my creative output.
This was updated on January 06, 2019.