What if you started your day with Why:
- Why did I choose my profession?
- What are my top three favorite books and why?
- If life is so short, why do I do so many things I don’t like and like so many things I don’t do?
- If I had to move to a state or country besides the one I currently live in, where would I move and why?
- Why am I, me?
- If I learn from my mistakes, why am I always so afraid to make a mistake?
Now that your mind is simmering for solutions, What If:
- What if you inspired others to do their job better?
- What if you spent the day listening first and speaking last?
- What if you asked someone how are you doing and then listened?
- What if others followed you and not because they have to, but because you inspire them to?
What if every day you directed your focus? How much value would you add to your personal relationships, to the people in your charge, to your health and fitness, to your finances, to your emotional and spiritual life? Speaker Tony Robbins has an answer:
“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.”
Why do you dabble your way through life? It’s fear: fear of failing, fear of succeeding, fear of not being good enough, and fear of the unknown.
Instead of allowing fear to manage your life what if you decided to no longer live that narrative? What if you decided on a goal and took action to achieve that goal? What if you decided that you no longer wanted to live an ordinary life but an extraordinary life?
How would your life evolve? Who would you help? Robbins notes:
It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.